After restoring my friend’s iPhone 6, I realised the new phone couldn’t set up. In order to pass the Hello screen, you need to press the home button.
His home button is broken. There is no home button to click and we were stuck at the hello screen.
No, we are not going to replace the home button.
How to set up your iPhone when your home button is not working
- Connect your iPhone, to a computer with iTunes installed.
- In iTunes, select your device.
- From the Summary pane, click Configure Accessibility in the Options section at the bottom.
- Select the Voice Over and click OK.
- Double tap on the Press home to open text.
Once you are pass the first screen, you can progress through the rest of the steps without the Voice Over activation.